Tuesday, March 8, 2011

not a drop

One of the super annoying things about this killer flu that morphed into my worst nightmare is that the doc said I can not let a drop of water touch the infected ear. Made it sound like it would be the death of me. So I had to buy this hideous old lady shower cap (4 euros! Doesn't that seem like a lot?) that not only is baby blue and opaque and smells like perfumed rubber, but it actually too small to fit over my whole head and cover my ears. And since covering my ear is the whole point, I'm forced to wear it at a rakish tilt. I'm gonna leave that one to your imagination, if I posted a photo I might die of embarrassment and you might die of laughter.

But how, you ask, do I wash my hair? Well, I lie down across the toilet with my head over the edge of our mini bathtub, fingers firmly planted in ears, and my husband squats over me and does his best. It is extremely uncomfortable for both of us. Needless to say, we don't do it very often. Which brings me to my point.




I bought this months ago simply because I'd read so much about it and was curious, but honestly, in my normal life, when my hair is dirty... I wash it.

No longer. So I tried this stuff out yesterday for the first time, and it actually works! It volumizes like crazy, and for a girl that doesn't even own a blowdryer, let alone blow out her hair regularly, it felt a little over the top, but after an hour I got used to the way it looked. I actually felt kind of glamorous! And the greasiness was completely gone. Awesome. Used it again today, and it worked again! I promise though, tonight we will wash my hair properly.

In summary, if you have an ear infection, are extremely busy, tired or just lazy (any other scenarios I'm missing?), try this stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Say what?