Saturday, October 1, 2011

collared

I'm really really starting to get excited about fall.  I'm just itching to start layering!  Especially this year when I have this irresistible urge to button my collar all the way up and have it peek out from under sweaters.  I've actually been thinking a lot about collars lately.  I always thought these detachable collars were sort of a silly idea, I mean, why wouldn't you just wear a whole shirt?  But then I saw this from Citizen Couture (via because I'm addicted):


It pretty much rocked my world.  I don't quite know what's going on here, if that's attached to her top or separate, but all I know is I want a collar like that now.  While I couldn't find the exact piece she's wearing, (let me know in the comments if you know what it is!) I did find these from Eleven Objects:


Different, but also pretty fun.  Loving the idea of not just wearing them with a crew neck sweater as if there were a shirt under there, but of pairing them with a low cut top like in that photo or with a plain white t-shirt, and playing up the separateness of them.  Also thinking a DIY might be in order here.  Once I get my sewing machine, that is.  Which I will get once I get the back room organized.  Which I will get to once we finish our new office space...  Ok, so I'm still quite a few steps away from having my own stand-alone collar, but I'm working on it.

3 comments:

Say what?