Thursday, October 27, 2011

a new edge

I fell in love with all the oxfords and brogues at Church's in London, literally visiting them every day after class to try on different styles and colors (the store on Regent St. has tons of women's styles, even though online there's only a few to choose from), but I ultimately failed to make a decision before my time ran out.  I had been under strict orders from my mama to get myself a birthday present there, so, rather than incur her wrath, on my actual birthday I went to the Church's store here in Madrid.  They have styles and colors that they didn't even have in London!  (And vice versa.)  I went there planning on walking out with some wingtips, but instead I fell in love with these bad boys.   Meet Ketsby:

image from net-a-porter
 
Rock 'n roll menswear power boots.  They are unlike anything I own or have ever owned.  I don't want to anthropomorphize these guys too much, but I was really awed by how much they affected the way I felt about myself when I slipped them on.  That's the power of fashion, people, don't underestimate it!  They bring out a side of me I didn't even know was hiding in there.  And so they're not just a new pair of boots, they're part of the new me.   Pretty exciting stuff.

11 comments:

  1. I adore these shoes, they are more glamourous than the normal version of them!!!

    XOXO

    http://aredbowtie.tumblr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are awesome. it's funny to say, but i've never seen anything quite like them. except on rockstars...which obviously you are. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are seriously bad ass! I didn't realize Churchs did any shoes like this! Heading to Net-a-porter now to get a better look! I met you look seriously fierce in these!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, great photo! Thanks for sharing... dr.jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is an interesting source of information And I think there will be many people who come to read your message

    ReplyDelete

Say what?