Tuesday, September 6, 2011

nail art coercion and a happy ending


Went to a new (to us) salon to get a pedicure with my mama the other day and left with mixed feelings.  They had fancy massage chairs with remotes to that was fun.  And it was cheaper than where we usually go.  And family dynamics of the three generations of vietnamese men and women doing everyone's nails were entertaining, to say the least.  But each one had such freedom on their individual 'style' of massage; mine was great but my mom's was like being tapped gently with a limp dead fish.  Very weird.  And then as we were about to get up, the woman who was doing me insisted that I get some nail art done.  "Otherwise people are going to think you did your own nails!" she said, as if that was the worst thing in the world.  I said no thanks about 10 times, but my mama thought they were never going to let us out of there if I didn't do it, so I said, sure, go ahead.  Turns out they do whatever they feel like doing in the moment.  And, it also turns out, I really kind of secretly love my new nail art.  Best extra $6 spent against my will ever.

6 comments:

  1. awwww I hope you got a chance to participate in the IFB Project that was about Nails!! Your pedi is sooo cute!!
    Farah from www.2-gitanas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny post! it totally made me laugh! i agree with you...the artwork is love!

    http://memyclothesni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Le manucure est tres joli:)
    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true...they look gorgeous! Good choice! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Say what?